When Do You Need to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
Reasons for Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer
A person typically hires a car accident lawyer when they are injured and/or they have sustained damage to their property in a car accident but every individuals situation is unique. Two people who have similar injuries from car accidents may or may not both need to hire lawyers. If you need legal advice about whether or not you should hire a lawyer, it is important that you get this from a lawyer who is licensed to practice law in the state in which your accident occurred.
Compensation and Car Accidents
If you were injured in a car accident that was caused by another drivers negligence or recklessness, you may need to hire a car accident lawyer to make sure you get all of the compensation that you are entitled to. Without a lawyer who is experienced with successfully fighting with insurance companies to make sure that they do not get less than what they should, it can be difficult for an accident victim to stand up to auto insurance companies to get the compensation they are truly entitled to and deserve.
The following are common reasons people need a lawyer to help them to get compensation after theyve been in an accident:
– Emergency services bills
– Medical bills, including but not limited to doctor and other healthcare professional visits, hospital stays, surgeries, treatments, procedures, therapies, over the counter and prescription medications, medical devices, etc.
– Loss of income
– Loss of childcare
– Loss of household management
– Loss of benefits and/or insurance
– Loss of quality of life
– Known or potential loss of future income
– Known or potential medical bills in the future
– Loss of abilities
– Mental health issues
– Pain and suffering
The above are just a few examples of why a person might need a lawyer to get them compensation for their car accident injuries.
When someone dies, their family often needs to hire a lawyer for similar reasons to the above as well as to get compensation for things such as:
– Funeral, service, burial/cremation, reception costs
– Loss of consortium (spousal support)
– Loss of parental guidance and support
– Grief and suffering
Car Accidents and Personal Injury Law
Different states have different laws regarding car accidents and a victims rights to seek compensation for expenses that are the result of their accident as well as for things such as property damage. If you need a lawyer to help you after you have been in a car accident, it is important that they are licensed to represent you in court if your case gets to that.
While each state has their own unique set of personal injury and car accident laws that pertain only to accidents that happen in that state, many states have similar laws.
Two things that many states have in common for a person to prove themselves in a personal injury claim is:
1) You were in fact injured as a direct result of your accident
2) Another driver, drivers, or other people (such as pedestrians or cyclists) were negligent and this is what caused the accident you were in
If you need legal advice, contact a lawyer who is licensed to give it to you.
Be informed of car accident and personal injury law and information with Torrance Car Accident Lawyers.